Registered and Ready to Rock...

I finally got my butt moving and registered for my first two tris of the season. The first being Rocketts Landing in Richmond on May 17, the day before my birthday... the second being the Dextro Energy Triathlon on June 21, which is part of the ITU World Championship Series.

Rocketts Landing should be a good race. So far 15 gals in the 25-29 age group... which means soon i'll be googling and yahooing my competition to see where I stand against these other gals. The course is described as...

The swim will be in the beautiful James River, it is typically low 60's, peaceful, and best of all - NO JELLYFISH OR NETTLES! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU WEAR A WETSUIT! The bike course is rural and with some challenging hills, through eastern Henrico County toward Battlefield Park. The run is a handful with some challenging hills on Canal street downtown before you hit the scenic river overlook @ Oregon Hill. We are proud to bring you by Virginia's State Capitol before returning to the post race party @ Rocketts.


Dextro Energy Tri in DC should be very exciting. Getting to race alongside the Elites and Olympians... then to race in DC... wow... how awesome! The course should be awesome! Just being able to race in DC alone is way cool... so getting ready for the end of June to get here!

More to come...

Comments

Kelly said…
Jellyfish?! Omg... is that a normal problem in tri swims? Horrifying.
Unknown said…
Sounds like 2 great races! :) And the no jellyfish is always a plus! :)
Missy said…
I hate a jellyfish, they totally freak me out and they burn like hell! Ugh, hate it.
Tyler Ross said…
registering seems to be one of the biggest battles. Congrats, should be two awesome races...

o, and jellyfish suck
Rainmaker said…
Looks to be an awesome race indeed - and just over two months away!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition