Currentlly...

...working on my Meaning of Tri Essay for the contest they are holding. It's kinda cool looking back at the sport... figuring out my meaning and inspiration for doing this crazy yet awesome sport I so painfully enjoy as a means of torture to my little body.

... getting ready for a few races. The first... Pacers Silver Spring Earth Day 5k on April 19... second... MoCo Road Runners Pikes Peak 10k... lastly... the first tri of the season... Rocketts Landing Olympic Tri down in Richmond Triathlon. Bring It On Baby!

... swimming too many sets of 400 IMs at the pool. I hate butterfly and passionately hate with a huge passion... but gotta do what makes me feel good. The more I swim it... the more it improves. My backstroke is getting slow... my breaststroke is sucky and sluggy looking... and my freestyle... well lets just say at least my head isn't bobbling around like it usually does.

...cycling outside... ALOT. It's finally getting warm outside... yay! Getting out twice a week. Haven't been pulling the distance that I usually pull by this time of the season... but I am only doing Oly's and Sprints tris this season. Sometimes alone... sometimes with dad. But whatever it is... I'm outside enjoying NOT sitting on my trainer!

More to come...

Comments

Rainmaker said…
Good to see you're getting out there and enjoying the weather on the bike - it's awesome for that...well..minus a little wind.
Kelly said…
I hate doing butterfly also (I used to be on swim team). I always feel like people are pointing and laughing when I do it at the Y.

I, too, am writing an essay for that contest. Although, I can't help but feel like I'm not writing what they want to hear. I guess we'll see. Good luck!
Unknown said…
Looks like some great races coming up! Keep up with the swimming... I'm impressed cause I only do one stroke! :)
liz said…
M,
it looks like things are going really well, 3 cheers for cycling outside! I hadn't checked your blog in a few days and just saw your previous post, I hope you realize that none of those preconditions are true! You are a beautiful, smart, kind friend who just happens to be a total stud triathlete. I hope that you see this, and your body is a vehicle in which to achieve all of these amazing goals... i'm thrilled to see what you will achieve this season! Keep on keepin' on girl! Don't let anyone stand in the way of what you dream.
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition