Two Weeks...

As I lay in bed all I can think is two weeks... yep... two weeks till The National Half in DC! To me... HUGE DEAL... just like any other race... long or short... that I ever do. In two weeks my mentality... my strength... my hopes... and my fears will be tested for 13.1 miles. Though the distance can be accomplished with my eyes closed the butterflies still appear. This time I'm not worried about the distance covered. But ever since what happened at White Rock in Dec... I get a little shaky when it comes to long distance running. I fear DNFing... dehydration... and most of all not accomplishing what I came out to do. Though I'm just a crazy hard core amatuer I like to go out... race hard... and come home satisfied! That's all I am asking for to become reality in two weeks!

More to come...

Comments

Shelley said…
Have fun Marci!
Tri-James said…
I couldn't agree more. I have 4 weeks until my first 1/2 ironman. Nervous tension is the best way for me to describe it.
Kelly said…
I am always amazed that even Ironmen and marathon runners still get nervous for big races. Good luck!
Missy said…
It'll be great. I have no doubt!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition