The Plan...

So after much awaiting the National Half Marathon is literally around the corner. The forecast for Sat in the Nations Capital calls for a low of 36 and high of 54 under partly cloudy skies... pretty much perfect for a 13.1 journey through DC! The plan is to wear my running capri tights, a short sleeve, and a long sleeve shirt over just in case its chilly. I have never posted my plans on my blog for my running and pace but maybe just this once I will... for good luck! Back in Dec at the White Rock Marathon I recieved a Pace Your Race Chart compliments of Running Times Mag. So with the help of that I am now able to plan out my race out without doing the math and numbers myself. The goal... run it in 1:48 and some change... which is an 8:15 average minute per mile pace... totally doable... don't ya think! Which means my times at the certain Ks of the race will be around...
5k... 25 and some change
10k... 51 and some change
15k... 1:16 and some change
20k... 1:42 and some change

Good plan... right? That's what I thought :)

Bring on the National Half Marathon!

More to come...

Comments

Tri-James said…
YOU CAN DO IT!

Just work the plan!
Stuart said…
Totally doable...go get 'em!
Wearing Mascara said…
you rock! I love that you post a plan because I can learn from it (as a new runner). xoxo
Missy said…
Give it hell and I think there's a 1:45 in your future...just sayin!
Rainmaker said…
Good luck! I'm sure you'll do awesome!
Sweet Bea said…
Kick ass girlfriend!!!!! :):):)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition