Needing To Run...

The weather here has been really crappy lately... snow one day ice the next. Ugh... that cleary means no running has been done. Any kind of surface I would dare think to actually run on has been mucho slippery so I gave up that idea quickly. Today the sun finally decided to show up so the ice will hopefully soon melt away. I don't know what the forecast calls for tomorrow... but regardless I plan on getting at least 6 to 8 miles in... making up for those days where I haven't been able to run.

So it's been called training it the pool and on the strainer... ummm I mean the trainer... blah! The pool has treated me well. Been pushing myself in the pool lately.... since I have no one else to do it for me. Lots of mid distance stuff to get ready for my season... which doesn't start till what May 17. Lots of 200s... 300s... 400s... and get this many 1000 for times. I've been easily making the 200s well under 3:00 without even killing myself... thats a good thing. I'm fianlly getting my speed back... yay!

The trainer has made me tough. It's only Thursday and I've sat on my trainer every day this weel... but only in increments of 30 mins. Have found some great trainer workouts from others blogs and have used them. By the end of the 30 minutes I'm sweating like a pig... puddles all over the floor next to my bike. Boy... I can't wait till spring to get some actual riding in!

More to come...

Comments

Missy said…
I'm with YOU! I will suck it up and get on the trainer..most hated next to the dreadmill. Way to get your swim on.
Tri-James said…
Can you share the best trainer workouts that you have found? I hate that beast also!
Rainmaker said…
Sunday should be nice for some outside riding!
Kelly said…
I miss riding my bike outside... I think it misses me too. Stupid trainer.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition