Tough As Nails...

When you work so hard to accomplish a goal that you fail to meet.

All you can do is beat yourself up and tell yourself that you are a loser when you shouldn't.

Why am I doing this to myself? I did the right thing on Sunday.

If I didn't stop at mile 14 who knows what could have happened to me! I was one of the lucky ones taken to Baylor Medical Center in Dallas that day... all I needed was two bags of IV fluids and I was released.

I may have not made it to the finish line back in Victory Plaza... but I guess at least I still have a lifetime of marathons left... I mean i'm only 24!

It's tough... very tough I tell ya!

This healing process will take alot of time to get through.

As the cover of my current journal states "Go confindently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined."

More to come...

Comments

Spokane Al said…
We give our best and sometimes things don't work out. Then we figure out what we can do different or better next time and keep rocking. As I am certain you will.
Cortney said…
Hey Marci! I am finally commenting and reading your blog! I forgot to tell you, we stopped at the mall and I got to meet Nastia Liukin! :) I wound up getting Gaia a shirt autographed for x-mas, I mean she was the Olympic Champion this year! ;) hahaha
Tyler Ross said…
you should be proud of yourself for being smart enough to listen to your body, especially in a race setting. you are right you have a lifetime of races remaining. this is a bit over used, but : Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement...keep aiming high and working hard

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Myself

Coming Up...

My I Can Do Hard Things Swimming Edition